Sunday 30 May 2010

Goodbye, Uncle

It has been a very emotional weekend for me, leaving Mrs RRD and the kds and flying off to be with my cousins, as they said their final farewell to their father. Meeting family that I haven't seen for many years, seeing the children I have never seen before, reminiscing, laughing, crying.

And seeing one of my family, his life changed forever about two and a half years ago, the motorbike he loved and cherished turning against him for one, fateful moment, a moment that echoes through time, and through the generations. I sit with him, talk with him, not expecting a reply. He is gone: what remains is a husk of the man I once knew.

And then back to the house of mourning; pictures, memories evoked by a chair, by a sound, by my sadness.

Goodbye Uncle.

4 comments:

  1. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww micro RRD 1 is rly upset that he did not know uncle that much and wishes he could

    ReplyDelete