Monday 15 November 2010

The Essentials

Ah, Monday mornings!! How I love my Monday mornings! You see, I don't go to work until 4pm on a Monday, so for me it's a continuation of my weekend, just without the noise of 5 smaller people.

It's a dressing gown morning for me. Mrs RRD has been up at the crack of dawn to take Princess and Micro2 to the bus stop, and I am enjoying a hot cup of tea and some 'us' time, while we work out what to do with our day together.

The ringing of my 'phone sends a small shiver of anticipation through my bones: yes, the screen reads "Unknown." Control seem to have got the message that I am still alive, and this is a call to a trapped RTC nearby.

"Want to come with?" I enquire of Mrs RRD. She acknowledges that this might be fun, and I rush upstairs to get dressed.

As I run down the stairs she is passing in the opposite direction! "Get into your suit and program the SatNav," she suggests, "while I get my essentials."

Thirty seconds later, the engine running, the SatNav all ready and the lights flashing, Mrs RRD jumps in beside me; flask of tea, book and make-up bag at the ready.

As I ease out of the drive, the 'phone rings again. I answer on BlueTooth (before anyone says anything!!): "Can we cancel you down on that job: no-one trapped or injured." We climb out and continue our day.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see that Mrs RRD is like my wife as she is clearly pragmatic. Loved the flask by the way.

    On being given a 'not required' call from control, I hated the furtive look around so we could take the 'bus' on blues and twos somewhere we could turn everything off, and hide for a few minutes from the poor buggers we had alarmed seconds earlier.

    Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you insured to carry 'passengers'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a way (for the patient) I suppose its a good thing when these calls amount to nothing. Hope you end up with some interesting stories to post soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for disappearing, RRD. I hope things have been going ok for you. Best wishes to you and yours.

    I will try and update the planets really soon.

    Jupiter

    ReplyDelete