Thursday 21 April 2011

Excuses

Some of you eagle-eyed readers may have noticed that my training has dropped dramatically.  Here are my excuses, one of which may be true.  See if you can spot which one...

1.  My phone has stopped working, so I have been unable to upload any of my training episodes.

2.  I have been too busy at work.

3.  My trainers (sneakers, for you on the other side of the pond) don't fit any more, and I haven't had the time to get a new pair.

4.  I decided I would have an unfair advantage over the other runners, so I should stop and give them a chance.

5.  I have had man-flu.

6.  I broke my leg.

7.  I broke someone else's leg.

8.  I've been on Jury Service.

9.  It's been too cold / wet / hot / snowy to run.

Yes, you guessed it, number 5.  Seriously, it's no fun having man-flu.  Everyone takes the Mickey, and you still feel as sick as a dog!  So, not only are you suffering, you get no sympathy either.  And, being medical as I am, I know all about the dangers of exercising while you are ill.  You can get myocarditis and everything!!  Not pleasant.  So, I've been taking it easy for the past week or so.  I am sure it all started with my hepatitis jab.  There was definite blood, and a very big bruise, that's still there a week later.

But anyway, today I decided that enough was enough!  I decided to start off nice and easy, with a gentle bike ride in the park with Mrs RRD and one of my Micro's.  Checking my pulse every few hundred yards for any signs of irregularity, I soldiered on through the shortness of breath, and it felt good!!  So good that, when I returned home I decided to go for a run afterwards.

Big mistake!!  Even a very gentle run (overtaken by a little old lady and her Zimmer) left me gasping for breath, and aching all over.  Still, I'm back on track, if a little far behind everyone else.

Please make this worth my while, by pressing that tempting "Donate" button on the right of the screen.  Whatever you can afford, every little helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment